Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pilates vs Zumba

Everyone who knows me, knows that I try to be active and regularly exercise. They also know I go to both classes the valley has to offer. I have been asked frequently which class is better. I thought I would give a run down on those thoughts!!
 
I can't answer that question. I LOVE my classes. LOVE them. I would rather go to these classes every day than have to run. I have a love/hate relationship with running. Usually, I hate it.
I think of the two different workouts as one might children. I love them both in different ways!!
 
Zumba is hard core cardio. I sweat more in that class than I do running on any summer day. It usually makes me sore. Which, oddly enough, I like that feeling. Being sore makes me feel like I'm working hard!! It's fun and the music is loud. It helps me channel my inner stripper!! I'm not good at Zumba. I'm not bad at it, but I'm not as good as the Latina girl who I stand behind!! She is GOOD. I don't have enough brown blood to truly be able to master the groove!! I leave Zumba happy and energized. I lose WEIGHT when I go to Zumba regularly. If I am dieting I know that week I will lose an extra pound if I go at least twice.
 
Pilates is hard core EVERYTHING!! I fought going to Pilates. I had done the videos at home and didn't like it. I was complaining to my friend on how I was having trouble toning my "trouble spots". She's a personal trainer and suggested Pilates. When I wrinkled my nose she encouraged me to go to a class, NOT do the videos. I went. I loved it. I try to never miss!! It kicks my butt!! And I kind of like it!! I think I'm one of those sickos that loves the pain!! I feel like I'm fighting to get better. Like nature can't beat me!! I have weighed the same amount I do now, before, but wore a larger size. I wear a smaller size because I have lost INCHES with Pilates. My arms have never been more toned than they are right now. No, they aren't the best arms out there. But they are the best for ME!!
 
So there you go!! My 2 babies that I love equally, just different!! If you haven't tried them, you should!! You will be lost the 1st time you go to Zumba!! That is totally normal!! Hell, I get lost now!! Sometimes I get off in my own little world, doing my own little dance!!
You will be sore the 1st time you do Pilates!! Also totally normal!! You will shake a little too!! Good news is, everyone else is shaking and burning too!!


3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

You are so funny ash! Glad you have fun, I miss Pilates, someday I won't have anything on a sat when Tara teaches!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

What are you talking about? we are gooood at zumba.
BTW-good job on the sidebar pics. i'm glad you are properly appreciating ella the cat. :)

Trent & Tara said...

I love this...thanks for being so wonderful all the time. You really rock:)