Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

I can NOT believe we have entered the year 2014!!
I'm still under the impression that it's 2012 and haven't even become accustomed to writing 2013 on anything!!
The last few years have gone by so fast.
It makes me kind of sad.
My girls are getting big fast.
Brent and I are getting old.
I feel like I know less of what I'm doing or what I want than ever before!!
But we're trying to be happy and grateful for everything that is ours.
I have been feeling a desperate need for peace and stability in life lately.

Brent and I decided to actually leave our house and do something on New Year's Day.
We were brave and decided to take our children to the movies.
It was scary.
BUT
They did AMAZING!!
It was like they acted like normal kids!!
They had fun!!
They were good!!
It's was New Year miracle!!

 Scarlet consumed popcorn at an almost alarming rate!!

 Ella isn't quite heavy enough to keep the chairs open!!
She sat down and starting yelling "Mommy!! This chair is eating me!!"

 Brent and Ella waiting patiently for Frozen to start.

 I did NOT have any hope or faith that Scarlet would be able to sit for 2 hours and not try to kill us all.
But she proved me wrong!!
She sat captivated on my lap the. entire. time!!
It was really wonderful. Scarlet sat on my lap or Brent's, and Ella snuggled up to my side.
I got to put an arm around each of them and just enjoy them!!
Is this what it feels like to have normal children!? Who aren't stressed or anxious by nature?!
No wonder people have 6 of them!! It's fun!! And happy!!

I will admit I did hand out m&ms with about 20 minutes to go.
But a fit was not thrown!!
I just saw her wiggle and a look of "I've sat here a while" enter her eyes.
Nothing chocolate didn't solve!!
It was a wonderful day.

No comments: