Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ode to Natural Child Birth

I have been very busy lately (Ella) so I have not been able to post the wonder and aww I experience when I was in labor with Ella. I wondered if I could experience natural child birth and thought that I would wait as long as I could before they gave me any medication. My water broke in the car on the way to the hospital... by the time I got to the maternity ward in Mesquite I was begging the anesthesiologist to give me the strongest stuff he had! Mind you, my labor was very fast, only 5 hours, so it was all kind of sudden. I even asked him if there was any possible way to just wake up in three days with a baby. He laughed at me. I then asked him, so is that a no? Anyways, My mother, Aunties, and my Granny (may she rest in peace) all experienced natural child birth.... AND THEN THEY ALL HAD MORE CHILDREN!! I have a deep respect for all those women who had to suffer through all that intensity. My Granny did it 9 times. Brave or crazy? You be the judge. I personally think that they are all very strong and brave. My mom always says that she didn't the choice but I believe she is just being modest. I think that these women deserve a medal or the keys to a city. But no, all women everywhere quietly (or loudly with much begging for the end) have children and not rewarded for their extremely hard work. A moment of silence for our brave women!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Amen! That is too too true. I couldn't imagine having a baby without medication! I wouldn've died, literally. You go tough women!