Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lettuce and Tomato

No, I am not about to tell you about my favorite sandwhich or what I am growing in my garden. Lettuce and Tomato are my two extremely lazy, spoiled kitty cats. We "rescued" them from the Mesquite animal shelter 2 years ago and they are thriving. By thriving I mean obese. Everyone tells me they are huge and fat but I defend them by making excuses. They have slow metabolisms, are big boned or just full figured. Who wants a skinny cat anyways? Tomato is very affectionate and loves to make friends. Unfortunately, Lettuce does not. She is catogorized at the vet's office as a "red zone feline". She hisses and growls at anyone who tries to touch her and if they don't back off she bites. She used to scratch and we declawed her, so she uses the only tool left to her, her teeth. It almost makes me miss her claws. My sofa however does not! She loves us, but watch out if you ever visit us.

No comments: