Thursday, February 12, 2009

7 Months Old



Seven Months Old
Ella is officially 7 months old today! After GER I am just glad she and I both made it this far. I thought for sure we would die out of sheer exhaustion first. She is doing really well and I get a decent amount of sleep now! Here are some things she can do:
1. Feed herself a cracker (or a soy burger… you don’t want to know)
2. Razz
3. Coo
4. Smiles a lot (and laughs and screeches)
5. Stands really well!
6. Object when you take her toys (was really cute the FIRST time)
7. Works to get a toy out of reach
8. Looks for a dropped object (and then lunges toward said object)
9. Rake
10. Turns toward my voice and I think she knows her name
11. Kind of plays peek a boo
12. Pass an object from hand to hand
13. She can pull herself to a standing position (but can’t sit… go figure)
14. Holds her own bottle and has since Christmas. I think it’s really cute
15. Attacks her mat and rolls herself up(think Ella burrito.) Changing her is starting to be an alligator wrestling match. Attacks all paper objects, anything that comes too close to her face. Watch out she bites. We caught her with Brent’s badge in her mouth. Oops. I guess I should pay closer attention to what is in front of us on the counter. His badge is heavy!! I don’t know how she got it!
Things she hasn’t quite accomplished:
1. She can not sit well! She can stand forever but not sit. If I try to pull her to a sitting position she stands up!
2. She doesn’t babble, she screeches like a bird.
3. She DOES NOT SLEEP!!!!
I love my daughter very much. I’m not one to fawn and gush so I will spare you the mushiness! She is wonderful and terrible at the same time! She is precious and has her Daddy’s beautiful eyes. I am blessed to have her as my child.

3 comments:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

I am picturing her evil smile right now as you were writing this! I like her screeches, they are happy noises.

T Rex said...

Very cute - glad things are going good!

The Jones People said...

She is soo cute! Wyatt WILL NOT crawl on his knees. We try to lift him up and he screams and locks his legs straight!
I would love to take pictures of Ella, I don't think I would be able to take a bad one she is so adorable. Just let me know what her "best" time is and we will shoot for that one day. I don't have any indoor props I do all my stuff outside unless you have an indoor place you want. Just let me know.