Saturday, April 6, 2013

Why March Sucked

I am going to to take you all through a week by week schedule of the really crappy month that was March.
 
 
Week 1
3rd to 9th
Everyone gets the stomach flu. Including me. I gain some lbs because I eat potatoes and saltine crackers.
Scarlet gets a major ear infection that has damaged her hearing in her left ear.
She stops sleeping.
I snap and have a mild nervous break down because no on appreciates me and I am taken for granted. Lay in bed for a solid 24 hours. I plan and plot how I am going to run away.
We learn we have 20 days to move out of our house.
 
 
 
Week 2
10th to 16th
Time changes. Ruins our lives.
Start trying to pack up the house.
Become severely overwhelmed.
Develop an eye tick.
Get up and go running on Monday morning. My hip is popping and my lower back feels stiff, but that is actually common for me.
Get home to a swollen knee that won't bend.
I am counselled by medical personnel to take a break from running for several weeks.
Gain some more lbs.
 
 
Week 3
17th to 23rd
Frantically trying to spend every waking moment preparing our new home.
Drop into bed exhausted to my bones every night, only to be awoken by a baby that refuses to sleep through the night anymore, or nap, or sleep in. Or stop fussing.
Paint some more.
Clean and pack more.
Trying to accomplish this while fighting crying children and Brent's work schedule.
 
Week 4
24th to 25th
Move on Sunday
Move Monday
Move Tuesday
My knees and back are destroyed.
Brent has court so our moving efforts are greatly hampered.
His brothers save the day.
Our bank account is drained by the whole experience making the eye tick worse.
I break out in a rash
Now we must plan Easter.
Oh, and I have to go to the doctor. He orders blood tests. NINE of them.
5 huge vials of blood later, I decide if I'm going to gain weight, it's going to be fun!!
Eat cake. And Easter candy.
Gain the inevitable lbs.
Scarlet develops another fever. We now have an appointment for the urologist to test her kidneys. We're hoping this is the problem and not something far more sinister.
 
 
 
 
 
I write this post so I can apologize to anyone I snapped at, or yelled at, or rolled my eyes at. Or if I didn't answer calls or texts or just didn't care!! I was completely selfish and pretty much had a reason to hate everyone and was consumed in my bitterness with the injustice of life.
I also pounded down sugar and carbs with a vengeance. That did not help.
 
But it's all over now!! Our house it put together. Our kids are calmed down. I am mostly calmed down and ready to start the painstaking efforts of losing the lbs I gained. Our attitudes have improved and we are ready to get out of debt and start trying to save for a home.
 
For the record: NO my parents did not buy me a home. NO we are not living here for free.
 
Today is my dad's birthday.
Happy Birthday Daddy.
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I love you.

audreyspencer said...

you have every right to snap! what a crappy month!

The Leavitts said...

For real, we need to hang out!!