Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Birthday My Love


Today is Brent's birthday.
He is an amazing man that I complain about too much.
Because I can say with confidence, there is probably no other man on this planet who would put up with my crap like he does.
He is patient and calm and kind.
He is a loving man of few words but his strength and his spirit compensates for that quiet nature.
He holds his priesthood with worthiness and has used it for us with out hesitation.
He is brave and handsome and sweet.
 
 This is how Brent sleeps.
Flat on his back, arms crossed.
He doesn't move.
Why?
Because I am all over him all night.
I roll around and steal the blankets and his pillows.
I use HIM as a pillow and I'll wake him up to roll over and hold me when I have bad dreams.
He doesn't complain or scold or get upset.
He simply puts his arms around me, tells me monsters aren't real and soothes me back to sleep before his alarm goes off.
 
He lets me collect furry creatures and clothes I don't need when I am trying to fill some void.
He loves his children and is never harsh with them.
I will say that I have a lot of freedom in my marriage.
Brent doesn't care how the house is decorated.
He doesn't try to manage how I dress or how my hair looks.
When I gained 35 pounds he always told me I was beautiful.
I was feeling ugly the other day and when he reassured me I was beautiful, I told him I didn't believe him because he had told me that 35 pounds ago!!
He responded with out guile that was because 35 pounds ago I WAS beautiful.
Yes I gained weight but that didn't change how he saw me.
And that is why I love him.
Because he accepts me with out question.
He loves me and supports me and redirects me when the beast comes out in me.
All with patience and kindness.
 
He works a dangerous job that wears him out, but he has never let it steal his soul or question his faith.
Above is what I call "The Red Vest of Death".
His bullet proof vest suffocates his skin for about 4 months out of the year.
No essential oil, or lotion, or cream. or Aquafor has cured this awful chaffing rash.
But every morning he puts it on, and doesn't complain.
He just comes home and I find him rubbing against door jams and walls to scratch where he can't reach.
I love you Brent.
Thank you for all you are and everything you do.


No comments: