Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School 2015

I'm always excited for the first day of school.
I'm always excited for the last day of school!!
After a summer of being incredibly busy or so lazy we were nearly catatonic,
the new school year was quickly upon us.
We're all sick of each other and ready for structure!!
Come June, we'll miss each other and want some freedom!!
 
 My big girl started 2nd grade today!!
 
 She popped out of bed happily and we both took a nice deep breath of satisfaction.
Routine.
Structure.
Sigh.
 
 She's still so tiny!!
Her back pack is as big as she is!!
 
 As soon as we got to the busy, crowded play ground, her nerves started to flutter.
Her tummy got butterflies and she shyly reached out for my hand.
She is in Mrs. Mills class this year and I am VERY excited about that!!
Se has a great class and her teacher is awesome!!
 
 I walked her right to her classroom, guided her right to her desk, and then kissed her and told her to have a great day.
She'll warm up fast, she just starts out so nervous!!
 
 She felt a lot better when this girlie showed up, her little best friend.
 
 Sweetie Paisley was at the back of the line, looking a little stressed, so we invited her up to stand by us.
That made everyone feel better!!
She chatted happily about her nervousness and I saw Ella relax a little bit.
She's going to have a great day!!
 
 I got a few hours alone with this good helper!!
She was not patient waiting for it to be her turn and ask at least 5 thousand times if
Miss Mary (the bus driver) was coming yet.
 
 She happily jumped onto her bus and skipped onto the play ground.
She is familiar with this routine.
Hopefully she has a good day!!
And her new teacher survives!!
 
 She was so excited for her new outfit and her new back pack!!
 
Unlike Ella, she is not short!! She's actually very tall!!
She blended in with all the kindergarteners that are on the play ground
at the same time as her class.
 
I never get used to dropping my little girls off at school.
I carpooled last year and 2 times a week I would drive away with tears in my eyes.
This year our transportation is a little different.
We'll see how it goes!!
I love these two little chickens so much!!
I'm going to miss them!!
I'm going to be lonely for the afternoons!!
I'm sure I'll be ok!! 

No comments: