Sunday, August 13, 2017

Summer

Summer was too short for me.
It was literally 3 weeks shorter than normal so the school district can adjust its schedule.
Next year we will get out of school before Memorial Day,
and that will be GLORIOUS.
But it meant sacrificing a good chunk of our summer this year.
And it was wonderful.
We are so blessed to live in our home that has excellent air conditioning.
No sweating to death.
No low drone of a window unit.
No burning hot west windows.
Plenty of rooms to escape each other when it's too hot to leave the indoors,
but boredom sets in.
 
Me and the girls went swimming 35 times this summer!!
My mom and I like to walk every morning,
but we haven't since I moved.
This summer we both wanted to have some form of fitness that didn't require getting up at 5am before dawn, and still sweat to death.
A lovely, lovely sister in our ward was kind enough to allow us to use her pool to swim laps in every morning.
I can with confidence say it was the best things that as ever happened to me!!
I didn't have to be up at 4am to run!!
No knee pain!!
Swimming is amazing!!
We went 3-5 times a week depending on the weather or if one of us was out of town.
And if you think it was the best thing to happen to me,
it was the GREASTEST. THING. EVER.
for my little girls!!
They had 45 to an hour EVERY morning to swim!!
They love swimming,
it juiced out that extra energy right at the beginning of the day,
they were with me and grandma.
Perfect storm here!!
I felt less guilty about the TV coming on in the afternoon,
cuz hey, we went swimming!!
They looked forward to it every day,
and so did I.
Swimming TORCHES calories,
with out sweating, or getting winded,
or impact!!
My knee and hip have never felt so good!!
 
I still had other fitness to do.
It was nice to be able to do it whenever I wanted,
not around a schedule.
I didn't have to stop for breakfast or to make lunches.
And my chickens always came up to keep me company!!
They usually were good about giving me plenty of space.
I move a lot and they didn't want to get kicked or burpeed into.
But some days I did weights and they would slowly encroach into my space until I had my bench and only my bench.
But as long as everyone is happy and playing,
Mommy does NOT care.
I'll find some space.
It's a big room!!
 
Warm Spring opened again!!
It is so beautiful and I'm excited to be able to go play again.
I was a bitter failure at taking pictures this summer.
So this is the only video I got of anything.
And that is only because Ella asked me to take it to send to Brent.

Molly also joined us upstairs every morning.
As Scarlet says "Molly demands MANY pets."
She would rub all over everyone for a good hour.
Then she cries at the back door where she spends her day happily sleeping in my shady,
moist rose bed.
She is so weird.
Most cats are crying to come INDOORS.
Not go outside to cook.
She's always been weird though. 
 I have a feeling she will be spending more and more time outside.
I sent Brent to the store to get meatballs.
 
 He came home with this.
Meet Oreo.
A tiny little girl kitty.
This was NOT on the list I sent with him!!
 
Ella and I went to Stake Achievement Days together this weekend!!
It was lovely and everyone did a wonderful job putting it together.
I can't believe school is starting tomorrow.
I don't know how this happened!!
I am sending a 4th and 1st grader off to school tomorrow morning!!
I am going to have a lonely, empty day.
Sigh.
I guess it's best I have a tiny kitty to take care of.


No comments: