Sunday, September 3, 2017

Odds and Ends

This time of year my will to survive the summer is rapidly waning.
I hate the heat.
I know plenty of people who love it and vastly prefer it over the cold.
I am not one of those people.
Now, granted, I have not lived anywhere with extreme cold.
I lived in Cedar City for 2 years and I think it was pretty cold,
but it didn't bother me.
I wore a coat and had a space heater.
I HATE the heat.
It is oppressive.
It saps all my humanity.
I hate the stale, breathless air at 5 am.
5 am and still 85 degrees.
Sweat permanently soaked into my clothes.
Searing, dreadful sunlight relentlessly beating down on me
when I pick the girls up from school.
We attempted to walk home the other day and all of us almost died.
The car never really cools down,
and neither does some of the rooms in the house.
And my power bill is shocking.
 
Well, I carried on a bit there didn't I?
Moving on!!
 
Brent took the girls out and caught a lizard last night.
They wanted to keep him,
but I didn't even come up with a reason.
The answer was just NO.
I have enough critters I have to clean up after in this house.
I do not need another!!
But they had fun with him!!
I'm proud of them for not being terrified of him.
I'm not afraid of lizards,
but I do not appreciate the speed at which they move!!
Those little buggers are fast and the thought of one up my leg isn't a pleasant thought!!





I hurt my knee/hip a couple weeks ago and it still hasn't stopped bugging me.
Just another nagging reminder of AGE.
I took a HALF of a muscle relaxer that my doctor had given years ago for tension.
Holy crap.
I fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up at 5:30 when my alarm woke me up.
I never sleep that much.
Brent took this picture and it worried me a little because I have no recollection
of the kitty ever coming to lay by me.
And that my friends is why you never take seriously medication with out another adult present in your home.
 
Ella has had a stomach bug resulting in vomit TWICE.
She feels better by the end of the day,
but what the heck!!
3 weeks into school and the plagues start already!!
It was sweet to see her with a book and a kitty,
so content in her nest of blankets.
A book and a kitty,
a perfect afternoon for me too!!


No comments: