Sunday, January 7, 2018

Year of the Dog

Every year I make new year goals.
Some years have been over the top and I accomplish nothing I write down.
As I have aged,
I make goals that are obtainable.
This year I want to:
 
 Maintain my weight
Learn to Accept
Minimize my need for sweets
Go to the temple 4-6 times
 
This year I truly intend to complete my goals.
I have love and support and help and a plan.
That was a lot of 'ands'.
 
We have spent the girls' break playing.
Playing together and lazing together,
and I snoodle them every night before bed.
 
Ella and I have been playing acrobat again!!
She has excellent body control and just enough fear to keep her from panicking and diving toward the ground.
Which I know sounds awful,
but is actually a good ting for small people who want to cheer.


 
On January 4th,
I woke up and went for my last run.
I plodded along the cold path,
my knee protested.
My hip ached.
And I accepted that running does not have room in my life anymore.
 
I got the bike I've been wanting for a year and half,
and I love it.
It's exhilarating to ride
and relief to my legs, feet and knees.
 
Even though I won't be running by Granny, Grandpa, and now Uncle Raoul,
I will still make sure to take the time to careful ride passed them.
 
My pets took the lazing part of the holiday quite serious.
 
I got to finally play with my yoga wheel last night.
I didn't NEED a yoga wheel.
I just wanted a toy for Christmas!!
 Handstands.
Are HARD.
I can not do them unassisted,
or with out the reassurance that the wall is near.
 But I could crouch on this things for hours.
I may not do a lot of things well,
but I have balance.
I'm short.
Low center of gravity.
I'm like a pyramid!!
 
Ella joined me!!

No comments: