Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ode to my Family

My hormones are at a near toxic level at this point and having made the decision to name my baby after my Granny, has caused me to pause and reflect on my whole family. My mother is the youngest daughter of 9 children. (Also know, I had suspicion my Granny was stark raving mad. Nine kids, holy smokes.) All of my Aunties may look the exact same, but they are all totally different. I have learned so much from them and my Granny. Most of all I have learned so much from my mom. She puts up with a great deal of crap from all of us and I am glad she hasn't moved to her mountain cave like she has been threatening to do for years!! My Daddy always does stuff for me. (Yes I still call him Daddy. Its a habit that I don't care to break. My sister calls him pescado, so I am allowed.) He is really good at coming to my rescue every time something is broken. (Including me, example: hospital day when he had to hunt down my sister at the school) My brother and sister provide me with entertainment and companionship. I am so glad I was born to my family and that it isn't very big. I feel like I have a special relationship with each member and that I know them personally. Okay, now that I have got over that disgustingly mushy diatribe... I am sorry for every one that they had to read it! Gross! But I do love every one and I hope they know!!

No comments: