Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shouldn't This Be Easier?

I started shaving when I was 10 years old. I know that sound very young but if you would have seen my legs, you would have let me do it too! I have a little Spanish blood in me and if I didn't shave 4 times a week I would be a Yeti in no time! (FYI: I also shave my arms because if I didn't they would be hairier than my husband) But the questions is.... If I have been doing this for almost 15 years, why do I constantly CUT myself! I can not shave with out my shower drain looking like a clip from the movie Psycho! I am scarred all over my knees and ankles from nasty razor bites. I take my time and try to be overly cautious. But still!! Blood everywhere. By the time I am 40 I am worried I will have no leg left. Hmmm...if that's the case maybe I will start shaving my love handles!

2 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Oh, girl, I am so there with you on the shaving thing! (100% Spanish here!)

I used to be so embarrassed of my arms that I was always wearing long sleeve shirts to cover them. One day, my hubby said, "Just shave them" - I've been so much happier since.

I have found success with Babasol shaving cream (the kind guys use to shave their beards $0.89 at Wal-Mart) and a triple bladed razor. And I have a styptic pencil when I do cut myself.

My mom says she no longer has to shave - the hair just stopped growing as she got older. Maybe there are some up sides to getting older!

Good luck and take care!

ShEiLa said...

I feel for you.

I have not had the same problem.
But I manage to cut myself every time I chop something in the kitchen.

Also I burn myself almost every time I cook in the oven.

Some of us have all the luck.

The last comment was very positive. I will hope your hair just stops growing.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa