Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Runt of the Litter

Ella had her 9 month check up today... a few weeks late. She weighed 16 1/2 pounds and was 26 1/2 inches long. 10%tile for both weight and height. She took a dip in her percentile but the doctor said she was healthy, just little. She is petite too. Every time I go to the mall or somewhere that people don't know us, everyone thinks she is only 5 or 6 months old. Plus she still has no teeth!! I'm okay with that because toothless grins are so much cuter.
Things Ella loves:
1. Food! Her favorite is Pears and Pineapple mixed. She says "MMMM!!" the whole time.
2. Grandma Alderete. She loved on her all day at church on Sunday. I wish I had my camera it was so cute.
3. Blocks. She likes to wreck the building that Uncle Jordan and Daddy build.
4. Naps. She went from NEVER sleeping to one week of hell while I forced her to sleep in her crib, and wake up less at night. Now she has done SOOO good.
5. Walks. She loves to watch the cars go buy.
6. My mom's old cat Icky. She can watch her forever and just laughs and laughs.
7. She likes to go for rides in the car.
8. Bath time.
9. The swing.

Things she HATES:
1. People older than 55. I think the bouffant hair scares her...it scares me!
2. Potatoes.
3. African Americans. I don't know why.
She is doing good! She can't crawl yet but she "inch worms" her way around. Hopefully one day she'll just figure it out!! She is extremely cute and we love her!! She makes us smile all day long.

8 comments:

The Yardley's said...

That hate list is pretty funny! I know how it is with the small baby. Josie is almost 16 months and I am lucky to keep her 9 months shorts and skirts up. Ella is too stinkin cute! Oh and the no teeth yet- U are lucky. I have been bit 3 times today!!

The Jones People said...

Babies come WITH their OWN personalities, because if we really 'trained' their personalities I think we would all choose a different one!!!!
Ella is so cute! Luckily my boys have always taken GREAT naps, but training them to sleep through the night is ruff, but so worth it by the end of the week!

ShEiLa said...

I loved reading about Ella. What a tiny cutie pie. I love how the simple things tend to entertain these little ones and they always find something that tickles them and they laugh so easy.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

T Rex Mom said...

Don't forget you're pretty petite too! Sounds like she's taking after you.

Petite little girls with toothless grins are the cutest!

Glad you're enjoying her - she seems like a really sweet little one.

Lauren said...

She'll make a good flyer!
I love the loves and hates list. Funny girl! (you and her!)

Jed Wheeler Family said...

You forgot one more thing she loves...Jara! Which I still can't figure out because Jara is mean to her.
I like the idea of the love/hate list too. Oh yeah and the yeti comment on the shaving legs post HILARIOUS, channel it to the blah blah blahg :)

Annie Leavitt said...

omgoodness is icky still around? that cat has like 30 lives!
and we have done the small baby thing. i hope she stays in the 10th-once abby hit the 3rd percentile we had to go for monthly check ups and expensive pediasure. even though she's always been just healthy and petite, it was a little annoying. but better safe than sorry right?

Terril Family said...

Glad I'm not the only one with a little runt... Macy is only in the 7th percentile for weight, but I am a little paranoid about it and try to shove as much food down her as I can.
I absolutely love the picture of Ella in the sink! What a cute grin!
We should get together sometime. The girls might have fun playing with each other. Ella sounds like she has such a cute little personality. The love/hate list was great!