Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Latest Developments

First: We are so proud of Ella for kicking the 'kitty face'(aka pacifier) habit!! Her reflux was so bad when she was little, and they helped sooth it, so I constantly gave it to her. I have been afraid to start the removal process! But recently she developed a need to GNAW on them like a dog on a bone!! I kept replacing them, but finally I just threw them out. When she ask for one later I told her, "I'm sorry, they're broken. We had to throw them away. They're gone." She looked at me like she was trying to see if I was lying and that was it!! I was so happy. She DOES NOT transition well, so I felt I had scored a small victory Second: I decided to play butcher!! My dad had some left over deer meat and I LOVE deer jerky. So I butchered it up and dehydrated it!! It took 2 days and I think the dehydrator ran for 48 straight hours!!


Please excuse my immodesty. And the fact that I have no make up on. I had just finished running and I like to be completely dried out before I shower. I also thought it would be fruitless to shower BEFORE I hacked away at very bloody animal meat!



Last: YAY!! I decorated for Halloween! I like Halloween but it isn't my favorite holiday. BUT, it is a prelude to the Christmas holiday and that I LOVE!!!



These are my favorite little nick knacks. Two cute little owls! I think owls are so cute!



1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Congrats Miss Ella for kicking the habit.

Kudos to you Ashley for sticking to the job and dehydrating all that deer meat. [I excuse you for your exercise attire ;)]

I love your owls.

ToOdLeS.