Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

1. Stop physically abusing Brent and Ella
This actually sounds way worse than it is! I don't actually abuse either of them. I swat Ella's butt when she is naughty and realized I was just resorting to this instead of actually trying to make her understand what she was doing wrong. Brent on the other hand does know, so maybe I should step it up!! :)

2. Limit Ella's TV time.
This is going to be hard because she can pull 16 hour days.

3. Give Ella more attention.

4. Read the scriptures or the Ensign every day.

5. Save more money.

6. Cook more often and sit at the table to eat meals.

7. Curb swearing to a minimum.

8. Attend to the yard when Brent doesn't have the time.

9. Loose my annual holiday weight. :)
I have this resolution every year. Because every year Thanksgiving and Christmas get the best of my intentions!

10. Potty train Ella.
This goal is not from lack of trying! She just doesn't seem to be interested or get it. I believe children have a window of opportunity around 2 years old, and if you miss it, you are going to have to wait. Her window was the week we traveled to SLC. She was interested and wanting to sit on the potty and I didn't want her in panties while we drove 5 hours. Sigh. Now I'm going to have to TEACH her, instead of her wanting to do it.

11. Take my vitamins every day.


I am excited to start a new year! I'll have to admit, 2010 was actually a pretty hard, crappy year!! Full of doctors appointment, crazy 2 year olds, schedule changes and disease!! I know it could have been worse, and I am grateful for all the blessings we did enjoy. What are YOUR resolutions?


PS I know it may be difficult, but please refrain form giving potty training advice. I know that is flat out rude, but I have a stack of books and have had every person in the world give me advice. Thank you.

2 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

I chuckled when I read the part about "no potty training advice". Very smart of you!

Here's wishing you and your family much healthy, happiness, and success in the new year.

Annie Leavitt said...

great resolutions.

and i know you don't want any training advice, but the best thing we ever did was... GOTCHA! ha ha ha.