Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Child Updates!!

I took both girls for check ups today. It was Scarlet's 4 month (3 weeks late) and Ella hadn't been to the doctor in a year, so I though it was prudent to check her growth.
Ella was 63% for height and 52% for weight. When I heard this I nearly cheered out loud!! She has never been higher than the 25% and we even had to start her on Pediasure at 15 months because she dropped into the negative percentile.
Ella also:
*Is too smart for her own good
*Knows her ABC's but I can never get her to perform!
*Can count to 20
*Knows all her shapes and colors. She even corrects me when I am not entirely accurate. Like when I called a hexagon an octagon. What was I thinking!?
*Loves to draw, mostly kitty cats
*Will NOT eat sweets. She does love chocolate, just not any sugary stuff.
*Her favorite food is salad with carrots or MEAT!
*She loves Sunbeams and will start preschool in February
*Loves the water and is heartbroken it isn't summer.
*Loves outside
*Loves her Uncles. We smell boy trouble!!
*We did the height projection and she is estimated to be 5'4.
Scarlet is between the 5%-10% in both height and weight. This is awesome because she was a preemie and I worried I would be buying Pediasure in bulk again. For those of you who don't know, that shiz is expensive!
Scarlet also:
*Still wears 0-3 months clothes. But regardless I am putting her in 3-6 at 5 months because I am bored with her clothes!! I'm just saving a few of the really cute ones and moving on!!
*Wears a size 2 diaper that is roomy. But size 1 wasn't cutting it!
*Is behind developmentally. While her peers are learning to sit up and laugh she is still is the area an almost 3 month old would be instead of an almost 5 month. It makes her young for soooooo long. Great if you like the newborn stage. Not so great if it is hard for you. I.E. ME!!
*Smiles wonderfully!!
*Has been sleeping great for me. Way (way, way, way) better than Ella ever did. She gets up once and a few weeks ago she even slept through the night for 2 weeks in a row. Not sure what made her decide to stop doing that. Hopefully she decides it's a good idea again!! Not complaining though, getting up once is a triumphant blessing for me!!
*Likes to nibble the edge of her blanket to fall asleep. Not suck on it, nibble.
*Doesn't like pacifiers. I'm getting ready to stop trying to get her to take it. Why? One less thing to worry about!!
*Like to clutch a blanket in her hand when she's playing.
*She doesn't do much else. Like I said, she behind developmentally so it will take some time to get to where she should be. We're not really worried about it!! She'll get there on her own time!!

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I love the UNLV RED!!!

Kids will almost never perform on demand.

I am so happy for you that the girls are healthy and happy.

ToOdLeS.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Ella can also spell her name. She did it for me last time she was here. And thats a cute pic of scarlet.