Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Brand New Year!!

 
 
I did not make resolutions this year. I hardly ever follow through with them and the thought of having to stick to something for an entire year is daunting!!
So this year I decided to issue myself a 31 day January challenge!!
 
I decided I want to waste less. When I make PB & J sandwiches for the girls, I cut off Ella's crusts and throw them away. I make Scarlet a half of a sandwich and she only eats maybe half of that before she's worn out or bored.
 
 
 
Today I conserved by giving Scarlet an ample amount of crust from Ella's sandwich!!
 


And Ella got a slightly slimmer sandwich. She doesn't finish it all anyway and today she did!!
Yay for one of my challenges!!
 


I also wanted to start spending more time outside, weather permitting.
Today we spent 30 minutes on the back porch, watching one of the Hardy boys mow the field. Riveting!!
 
 
 I want to start spending more time together as a family, NOT in our living room. I want to get out of the house.
We rode bikes for Family night.
 
 
 Scarlet cruised in the cozy coup. Which helped out another challenge of staying active. I took the month of December off from fitness. I was sore, tired and my whole house hold was under siege by illness. Both girls had the stomach flu, although I thank them for having it separate with a few days in between for me to mentally recover!! I had a cold. But I'm a big whiny wuss when it comes to head colds. I'd rather have the stomach flu!!
 
 
 More of my personal challenges are:
*Only use the computer in the evenings, after my kids have gone to sleep.
*Say family prayers.
*Wear make up at least 5 days a week. I have super sensitive skin so this might be a hard one. Plus I never go anywhere so it's hard to waste make up on nothing!!
*Start doing school lessons with Ella. Today we worked on telling time!
Above is our new cat. He's not really ours. He's a mangy stray that I started to feed and now he hangs around. He's a fluffy one!! We call him Lion Cat.
 
 
 
And my last personal challenge is to learn to let go of anger. I have a quick temper and have no problem letting others know about it!! I used to be really good at counting to ten before I spoke my mind. Lately, not so good!!
So..... I HATE the desert. But if I didn't live in the desert, I wouldn't get these beautiful roses in mid-December. Everything else is stone dead, but these babies just keep fighting the fight!!
 


1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I am happy to have someone else that doesn't do 'resolutions'... never really been into that much.

The stray cat looks like a relative of our Orange.

Love the riveting porch activity... it doesn't take much for me either. Valley living rural style.

You probably saw where my temper tantrum got me... I don't recommend it.

I think you sound ready for 2013... enjoy!!!

ToOdLeS.