Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Favorite Beauty Treats

My SIL did this post a few weeks ago and it inspired me to do one of my own!!
I fight a vigilant battle with my complexion and these are a few of the things that help it.
 
Doterra's 'Clear Skin'. I use it for spot treatment and it is awesome!! It burns like crazy when it first goes on, but eases off quickly. I feel like it just speeds up the life cycle. So instead of a nasty zit popping up for 2 weeks, it only last about 3 days.

 Moroccan Oil. A bottle this size will last me 18-24 months. I use one pump every day. It makes my hair SMOOTH. I have frizz head so it is much appreciated!! And it smells good!!
 
 I use Proactive products in the morning but my skin is so dry it needs something hydrating in the evening. I use Clinique wash and toner, and frost this stuff on like I'm a cake!! I add 2 drops of Melalueca and 2 drops of Frankincense to help with acne.
 
 I go this at Lin's for about $10. I take 2 a day and my nails and hair are thinker and stronger. They are huge!! But with all the other vitamins I take, I'm getting good at washing them down!!
 
 Every morning, the 1st thing I do is drink 8 ounces of cold water with 1 tbsp of lemon juice mixed in. It is not as sour as you think it might be!! It's tart and refreshing!! Lemon juice is an awesome antioxidant and cleans out the urinary tract, and the glands. It's also an appetite suppressant.
 
I struggle with sleeping. There are days I will wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning and never go back to sleep for the day. This doesn't help me sleep or anything but it smells so good!! Brent got it for me for Christmas. The scrub is amazing!! I like to use it after my evening fitness classes to scrape all the sweat and grime off me.
 
If anyone has any of their own secrets to share, SHARE THEM!! I love getting new ideas and finding new stuff that improves my skin, hair, lifestyle.....everything!!

2 comments:

Myrna Foster said...

If you like scrubs, I make a lemon-lime scrub with one part sugar, one part olive oil, about 20 drops lime essential oil, and at least 10 drops lemon essential oil.

ShEiLa said...

I love my Oil of Olay moisturizer... it also has SPF sunscreen and this super white girl that just turned 50 has to keep the sun in check to ward off as many wrinkles as possible.

I also love my Aveeno lotion.

ToOdLeS.