Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crafty Crafty

I have not had enough time to remember that I am actually a person and not just a SLAVE at the Bowler house hold, so I started taking some time to do things that give me an outlet.
 
Ella was in need of a dresser. When Scarlet was born we gave her the big (HUGE) 9 drawer dresser and I got Ella a small, storage dresser. It just wasn't cuttin' it anymore!!
My friend, Diane had a yard sale and I picked this up for a cheap price!!
I was originally beat to HELL and had an oak finish.
I painted it white and spray painted the knobs pink.
Then I just kind of free handed some simple flowers.
I'm sure real crafters would die if they saw it up close, but I'm satisfied with it!!

 
For Mother's Day this year I decided to make my mother in law a gift. She is VERY practical so I thought I go the sentimental route.
I bought canvas and had the girls finger paint over painters tape to spell a word.


I thought the ones above were ugly!! That's right, I said it. I don't like the color green and there it was EVERYWHERE. So we did it again!! The girls didn't mind at all!!
These turned out better. Not perfect, but I'm working on that being ok!!
 
 
Scarlet is not so sure about this mess. She did have fun eventually!!
 
 
Ella had a blast!! She would do this every day if I let her!!
 
 
I have some other projects in the works. I'm making a peg board to hold Scarlet's jackets.
I've been slashing and trashing some old shirts for Zumbathon!!
And I have to make a curtain for the skylight in the hall bathroom.
What person thought skylights were a good idea in the desert!?

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I think the dresser is adorable!

ToOdLeS.