Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's Finished!!

Every spring I am over come with the need for change.
I make a list of goals and things I want to get done.
Alas, the list is never even attempted.
Lack of funds.
Lack of help.
Lack of time.
Well this year is different!! 

 Pictured above is my darling daughter as a kitty cat for Halloween. 
That is not what I want to show you.
Look beyond her to the house.
Do you see the white base paint?
And the ORANGE AND PURPLE trim?
Do you see it cracked and faded and just so absolutely, utterly hideous!?

 Here is a shot of the equally revolting front door and trimming.
For some reason these are the only pictures to use as examples and they both happened to be taken at Halloween.

We started Friday morning and painted for 9 1/2 hours straight until we ran out of day light.
The trim had to remain purple until Brent's work week was over. I can't reach it, even with the ladder.
Yesterday Brent installed the screen door that I have wanted so very badly.
He finished the trim today and then installed our new back light fixture. 
It was originally a hideous flood light.
Now it's a beautiful oil rubbed bronze.

My need for change has been satisfied.
Now I am looking forward to our tax return so I can get some sod and some trees!!


2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Love it!

Trent & Tara said...

Looks great Ashley!! I thought something looked different. We have had to lots of changes to our place that have bothered me ever since we moved in. It is hard work sometimes but is always worth the effort. I would love to have a screen door, that is such a great idea:)