Friday, February 7, 2014

Monkey Bars

Wednesday after school, we decided to stop at the park.
It was a pretty day and the girls needed a few minutes to get their wiggles out!!

 Scarlet was very excited to tryout the monkey bars!!
She has freakishly strong upper body strength!!

 She had so much fun!!

 Ella got in on the action.

 She was able to spin around the bar and lay over it and do all sorts of tricks!!

 They begged us to take a turn!!
Brent has a really strong upper body so no problems for him!!

He did not attempt the tricks!!

Now where might my picture be?
I stepped up to the bar and jumped up, pushing my arms straight.
I'm pretty agile, so I swung my leg over with confidence.

*Back story- 6 years ago, when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Ella, I got pneumonia.
I coughed so hard I dislocated 3 ribs and had to have my chiropractor pop them back into place.
I have had issue with them since!!

As I bent awkwardly to lift myself to an upright position, I felt a deep, cramping, pulling pain. 
I looked up at Brent with a face filled with horrified pain.
Just as he snapped my picture.
So that photo has been deleted.
He peeled me off the monkey bars and we both remained calm as I lifted up my shirt to behold my ribs creating a protruding lump from my stomach.
I pressed down hard and snapped them back into place.
Needless to say park day ended as I mourned being OLD and  (currently) chubby.
My chiropractor did a mega adjustment Thursday morning and I'm sore as hell.
But at least everything is back where it's supposed to be!!
Because, did you know that when your ribs leave their appropriate place, your hips, spine and neck follow!?
Cuz they do!!

No comments: