Friday, February 7, 2014

The Journey of Sight Words

Ella and I started sight words a few weeks before Kindergarten started.
I had heard about them and saw the dread they instilled in the common mother, so I thought I should get a jump on them!!
She started school knowing the first 3 columns.
2 months into school she passed off column 4.
Her class didn't really do much with them and randomly she passed off 5 sometime before Christmas.
When the homework calender came home for the month of January it reserved every Wednesday for practicing sight words so they could be passed off on Fridays.
So we did!!
One week at a time we passed off the last 5 columns!!!
Yay!!
Ella worked very hard, especially when I told her if she passed off the last 5 columns in 5 weeks I'd buy her a toy!! I like to think of it not so much as bribery, but as motivation!!


I am very proud of her and her hard work.
She also has an amazing memory and I am so thankful for that!!
Good job Ella!!

No comments: