Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pony Lessons

I have been trying to find an extra curricular activity for Ella.
We've tried a couple and they have all ended in disaster.
A lady advertised pony lessons on Facebook at the beginning of the year, and we jumped on it!!
The first lesson she was terrified the pony was going to bite her.
Her father is also terrified of farm animals. He thinks they're natural born killers.
I grew up on my Grandpa's farm so that is not something I fear!!
I am sad that my girls won't be able to have the same experience, another reason I thought riding lessons would be a good idea!!

 She's doing great!!
I think she's developing a sweet little bond with this horse.
His name is Thunder.
He nuzzles at her and she scratches his neck and his eyes go all lazy.

 Even though he is obviously a very small pony, Ella is also very small!!
At first she was very hesitant to make him do what she wanted and he would want to wander to the nearest grass clump for a snack!!
She has since learned to make him mind. On last weeks lesson, when she was leading him, he tried to wander off and gave him a firm push to the nose and scolded, "No snacking for you!!"

She is getting so big!! 
Kindergarten will be over in 4 months and I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

No comments: