Sunday, August 24, 2014

Anticipation

I have had a little bead of dread in my heart for 1st grade since Christmas break ended. 
I know it is utter nonsense to feel that way, but I can't seem to help it.
I will miss my little girl!!
And when did she get so old so fast?
It will take only the first day to show that everything is ok.
Ella loves school and I am happy for her that she gets to expand her horizons and grow.
I will miss her though!!
I find writing therapeutic and enjoy writing poetry to sort out my thoughts.
I rarely share my work because it is something I hold close to my heart.
But I decided to share this one.

Untitled

I watch you skip away from me
And all your golden curls bounce
You happily wave from the window
As the bus pulls away from the house

I wonder if you know how proud
And how happy I am for you
But how my heart hurts
And how much I worry too

When did this day come? 
When did you grow this much?
Why didn't I count each second?
Why did I ever rush?

I want to stare at you
And deny the days are passing
I refuse to believe the number
Of candles I stick in the frosting

Oh my baby I love you so
I want to capture every star
And see them shining in your eyes
As I wrap you in my arms

No comments: