Thursday, August 14, 2014

Big Milestones For Little Girls

My rules about pierced ears is: when they ask for them.
Ella brought it up last summer when she asked when she would grow holes in her ears so she could wear earring too.
I explained ear piercing to her and she decided she would wait.
She would randomly over this last year bring it up to me with a few questions and then say she would just wait.
Well!!
Yesterday we were walking threw the jewelry  department at Walmart and a worker was stocking the first earring case.
I casually asked her if she would like to pierce her ears today.
She said yes!!
I wandered a little more and asked if she was sure.
She said yes again!!
We asked the lady if she was the one who did the piercing and she said yes.
I asked Ella a final time and she said yes, she was ready to be brave.
It took five minutes.
Two workers used 2 guns. They popped them in and we were done!!
She jumped, looked at me with a surprised look, a few tears welled up in her eyes and that was it!!
She was too excited to worry about the minimal pain.
I can't believe how grown up she looks.

 Today we went to the library and she got her first library card!!
Ella loves to read and be read to.
I truly believe that reading breeds intelligence and it makes me so happy that she enjoys such an important, intellectual  hobby.

 We picked out purple butterflies.....but somehow ended up with red ones!!
Oh well!!
That is her birth stone, so we're good!!

Ella in her true nature!!
She's getting so big so fast!!

No comments: