Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Every Thanksgiving morning, I have a long set tradition of going for a walk with my mother, and a then a run by myself.
I run as the sun rises for a couple reasons.
It's beautiful.
I love the birth of a fresh new day.
I love watching the sky change colors and the ice cold air fill my lungs.
I spend the miles praying, and thanking my Creator for all of the blessings in my life.
It could be considered cheesy, but I don't care.
Not one bit.
It is a glorious, emotional collection of feeling that I get to share with My Father.
This year as I ran, I felt a little extra emotional.
And as I gave my thanks from my mind, my tears froze over my contacts.
Which made me laugh.
This year I am grateful for:

My babies.
I love my little girls so much.
Yes they challenge me, and yes there are days I want to find the nearest gypsy camp and drop them off.
But they are sweet, and smart, and kind, and beautiful.
I love them so much and I hope I don't screw them up too bad!!
 
My husband.
He makes me want to weep with joy and break something all at the same time!!
But he loves me, and supports me, and protects me.
He knows how deep the crazy goes and is still by my side!!
 
My family.
 
 
I am so ever grateful I am healthy.
That I am safe.
And that I have a Savior who lived for me, died for me, and rose on the 3rd day, having atoned for my sins.

I am thankful for life.
Sometimes it sucks and nothing goes the way you want it to,
or the way it was supposed to!!
But I know I am here to be tested and tried.
And I am grateful for that knowledge.

Happy Thanksgiving.
 
 


No comments: