Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Beauty of Sleep

 I am not one who requires a high quantity of sleep.
Give me a solid 4-6 hours, and I'm set.
It boggles my mind when people tell me they need/get 8-10 hours of sleep a day.
When do you get stuff done?!
When do you watch your shows?!
However, when I decide I DO need sleep, a terrible monster that lives deep down inside me lifts its exhausted head and roars its need with deafening tones!!
 
 I was PACKED the week of Thanksgiving.
Double booked, back and forth to Mesquite, way too much on my plate, PACKED.
When Sunday afternoon came I gave up.
Brent had the weekend off and I took my 1 of 5 naps a year.
And I DIED. I woke up in the exact same position with a numb arm and only a vague knowledge of who I was and where I lived.
Brent took a picture because he was so surprised to see it!!
 
 My girls had so much cousin fun!!
They have awesome cousins.
I wish I could keep one, but their parents are all attached.
Ugh.
They slept like little proverbial rocks.
 
 I will cuddle and rock my children until they no longer let me.
And since I still laid across my Granny's lap and asked her to pet my hair until she died,
I'm hoping I will not ever see that day.
That is my grandchildren who say,
"Granny rocked me til she died."
Cuz I plan on being buff Granny!!
 I take my calcium!!
And I will sing to them until they realize my voice is awful and ask me stop.
I love to sing hymns and Christmas songs to my girls.
Mid summer- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
It calms and soothes us all.
Especially at the end of a tough day.
 
Molly has always been a full figured gal!!
But after a summer of exile, and then she had a kitty infection, she is down right slim!!
She has lost almost half her body weight!!
She is no longer obese, OR even over weight!!
I saw her climb a tree!!
And not because the sprinklers kicked on or she was fleeing for her life!!
Just for fun!!
With this new found agility, she finally learned how to jump from the Barbie house up into Ella's top bunk.
She used to always sleep with Ella until we got bunk beds.
We got bunk beds the same time we got Chase.
Molly's had a rough year!!
But now they're reunited and Ella is so excited.
I found her like this.
She fell asleep stroking Molly and her little hand was resting on the old cats paw.
And Molly didn't even pull it away!!
 

Then there's this pitiful creature.
Kato DOES NOT like the cold.
He's really small and can compact himself down into a size that virtually disappears from the human eye!!
I have to very careful before flopping on a bed or couch!!
There could be a chiweenie burrowed in somewhere.
He is no respecter of persons.
Here is burrowed into MY bed, INSIDE a pillow case.
He pees so fast in the morning it should be documented!!
He runs out, goes, and is back in at record speed!!
He is then instantly in front of the heater with girls, or burrowed into his blanket!!
Ha!! Silly dog.
 

No comments: