Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas 2015

 First look at the tree.

 Hovering with excitement!!

 First present.

 They're so excited!!

 Even the big kids!!


 It was a great year.
The year as a whole has been vastly better than last year.
And for that. I am truly and deeply grateful.
I am excited to see what 2016 has to bring.
I'm hoping it is even better,
filled with health, success, and peace.
These are my 2 favorite presents.
I have an E and an S that I wear on a chain.
I wear them as a talisman when I need luck or comfort.
They stand for my little girls, the most important thing in my life.
This year Brent added his own charm.

My dear sister gave me this necklace.
First off, I have no antique bronze to wear with my outfits that call for it.
So when I wear shades that coordinate with the darker metal, I just wear earrings.
So that is great!!
BUT....
She found a company that takes the hand writing of your loved one and preserves it behind acrylic.
That 'Love' is my Granny's love.
Literally.
It was written by her hand as she signed her name to something she gave me. 
I burst into embarrassing tears when she gave it to me and then went home and cried some more.
In a satisfying, sentimental, touching way.
I truly felt my grandparents this morning already, and I felt like Granny was sitting in the living room with a smug smile on her face.
Because yes, she would be delighted to know she's our favorite and that we miss her every day.

This year I was so happy to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family.
My parents, my siblings, their families, my husband, and my babies.
Because my "in laws" and not in laws. they're my family.
I love the people my siblings chose as spouses, and they might not have been born into my family, but I truly know they belong in it.
I love my sweet little nieces and nephews.
I am so blessed to have joy and peace in my heart this day.



No comments: