Friday, April 8, 2016

Clark County Fair

It's fair time again!!

 Brent was a good sport and chaperoned Ella's class this year.

 Ella was really excited to find a lady bug!!

 Scarlet and I came up later.
She loved all the chickens.
My mom decorates with A LOT of chickens.
Like we had some concern for awhile.
Scarlet kept telling me she wanted to show Grandma all the chickens!!

 We decided to go to the Carnival early in the day so we could beat the crowds,
(and get it over with....)

 We. Roasted.
The girls had so much fun tho!!
Ella's getting a little big for the kiddie rides, but has NO interest in the big rides.
Even after the kiddie rides she complained of being dizzy and sick to her stomach.
I have never liked rides so I understand!!

 She did love the slide tho!!!
.

 SO did Scarlet!!!
She wasn't tall enough to go on her own, so we had to buy some tokens for Brent to go with her.


 I feel bad because we went threw the rides once and then all of us were done.
The girls were hot, tired, hungry, and thirsty.
And so were me and Brent!!

We were roasted.
Well, the white people were roasted!!
Ella and I were fine!!
Scarlet gets bright red in the heat but doesn't burn.
Once she cools off, her cheeks go from rosy to tan.
Brent, however, is white, or red.
His body doesn't know how to tan!!

I usually enjoy the fair.
I don't LIVE for the fair like some of my friends.
It's fun and something to do,
but I don't go up every day, all day.
Nor do I want to!!
This year was a little unsatisfying.
It was hot.

We are going back up this evening to watch Ella dance,
I'm going to do all I can to guide our evening toward fun!!


No comments: