Thursday, September 29, 2016

My New Door

Our door was weathered and on the edge of being just down right ugly.
I didn't take a before picture,
and I always wish I do and yet always forget!!
 
 
I put a lot of thought into what color it should be.
Red has been done to death.
I love red, but it's been a little too common for me to want to do it again.
Our door in our first house was red.
I thought about green.
An olive color.
But my dad has a deep seated loathing of the color green in a way that is mildly disturbing.
Like he will treat you different if you wear that color!!
Subconsciously!!
So I want my dad to come into my house with good feelings!!
Turquoise or teal has been popping up a lot,
but I don't really like that color and nothing in that house is that color.
 
So I decided on a golden yellow.
 This is the base and I wonder if my neighbors saw it while it before it was finished
and winced a little!!
 
But the stain over the top muted it down and I like!!
The side lights were a royal pain in the butt to paint AND stain.
SO this door is staying yellow unless that wall just falls off the house!!
I think it turned out ok!!
Not as good as when my mom does this kind of stuff.
She has the patience and the right touch.
She insists I learn to do it myself,
cuz she'll be dead,
but she's super young!!
By the time she's dead I'LL be too old to do it!!
Haha!!

1 comment:

Earl Mark said...

My wife and I really enjoyed the poem about your garage door. Aside from that you can really tell that a fair amount of craftsmanship went to the staining of the door. If your method of doing this is not as good as your mom's, I can only imagine how amazing her method is, yours was excellent!