Friday, March 17, 2017

I Did It

My surgery is finally over!!
I scheduled the date 7 weeks ago.
Not because I wanted to put it off,
because my doctor is a very bust man and that was soon as he could get me in.
It was a long wait,
and I had too much time to think about every little last detail.
 
A benefit to my high need for control is:
it leads to a high need for order.
I took advantage of that craziness and cleaned my house and prepped fruits & veggies for when I got home.
I did all my grocery shopping and got clothes ready.
I was well prepared.
For that.
I wasn't prepared for the emotional side of anything.
But by damn, my floors were mopped!!
 
I got to the hospital at 6:30 Wednesday morning, and my surgery was set for 7:30.
That was the longest hour of my life.
I was sincerely ready to pull my IV out,
thank everyone for their troubles,
and walk out of there.
I would just spend the rest of my life in pain, losing too much blood every month,
and deal with it.
I think they saw that look in my eye,
because almost immediately they shot "something to help me feel calm"
into my IV.
I felt better after that.
Still nervous,
but my plot to escape receded.
The nurses and doctors who cared for me were wonderful.
They were kind and patient, and very sympathetic.
Dr Ofori is amazing. He even made sure my incision were symmetrical because he knows that it would bother me if they weren't.
He also told me "I didn't want to mess up your abs."
God bless that wonderful man.
First: for suggesting I have decent abs.
Second: for being so meticulous.
Third: For caring
 
My nurses were sweet and attentive & never got annoyed when I buzzed them to hand me my water 3 feet away out of arms reach.
I have had so many lovely people call, text, put my name in the temple, or bring me food.
My dear friend brought me a rose bush,
and another friend snuck over and left something for my girls from Leprechauns.
She thought we had left, but little does she know I was still in the house and saw her car!!
 
It means SO much to me.
I struggle with feelings of self worth,
so when other take a moment to think of me,
I feel loved.
So many lovely women all praying for me,
checking on me,
and having kindness for me,
it is very humbling and I am learning from the kindness of these women.
 
My mother and sister, as always, immediately came to the rescue with child care, my favorite foods, entertainment, and general support!!
 
Thank you from that bottom of my heart to everyone.
 
 
Do you know you use your core for in an average day?
Everything.
The answer is everything.
Sneezing, laughing, breathing, coughing.
Opening sour cream.
Rolling over.
Speaking.
EVERYTHING.
 
Today is day 3.
I'm tired, drugged, and sore.
Walking to bathroom requires a 30 minute nap.
Having limits is frustrating,
BUT!!
I plan on following the doctors order to THE LETTER
because I do NOT want to mess anything up and have to be back in the hospital.
 
After I had recovered a bit and Dr Ofori came into talk about the surgery,
he validated that the choice to have a hysterectomy was the best plan.
It was a mess.
A terrible, deformed mess.
I'm glad to have it all behind me.
I did it.
And I didn't die!!
 
 
 
 


No comments: