Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Improvement

Why yes I did get my tax return.
Why do you ask?!
 
Brent has not rested on the FMLA he has taken for my surgery.
No sir.
He has been shoveling his little heart out!!
 
He has been planting the many rose bushes I wanted for my huge, beautiful window.


 He had to shovel out A LOT of rock that was in the beds so I could have a rose garden.
I didn't want to fuss around the rock.
I wanted to look at organic earth!!
Ella was a big helper and hunter of worms!!
 
 Rock is out.
He had to cut out all the weed blocker.
 

 Here it is!!
Sighhhhhh....
It's still young, so there is a lot of exposed dirt.
But all those beautiful roses will mature and grow and fill in.
And I'M NEVER MOVING EVER AGAIN
so I will get to enjoy them for years to come!!
 
 We tinted our west facing French doors and the HUGE transom above.
It's lovely and I didn't want to close of the space with a curtain.
But SOOOO much heat came threw!!
Even on a winter day.
So. Much. Heat.
It has made a huge difference!!
Now I will be able to take the (ugly) solar screens off from about November to April!!
 
This is out the west door.
It was dirt and some worn out hexagon shaped pavers.
This was Brent's project.
I didn't really care what he did as long as it was fresh!!
It isn't quite done.
We ran out of rock and it had to ordered.
The pavers aren't straight cuz he just threw them down so we could see what we want it to look like.
 
I am so excited!!
We have more to come and it makes me so happy to see my forever home getting pretty!!


No comments: