Sunday, December 24, 2017

Cheer Recital

My cheer classes had their winter performances on December 18th.
I am so very, very proud of them.
They are talented, smart, motivated girls.
They're so sweet and I love them dearly.
I'm so happy to have months to prepare for our Spring Recital and really focus on precision and technique.
 
Our recital was the most dazzling display of organized chaos I have ever beheld.
One room packed with at least 150 girls,
all nervous and excited,
some terrified.
We rushed them on and off,
lined them up,
organized them,
fixed buns,
helped the ones in multiple classes change,
ties bows,
tied shoes.
It was truly a sight to behold.
I'm grateful to have the opportunity to teach.
It brings me joy.
My girls bring me joy.
I love the light in their eyes when they see themselves succeed.
I truly enjoy making other feel good about themselves.
I, myself, suffer from crippling low self esteem.
So when I see confidence, hope, and trust flood
a small, scared face, I feel a spirit inside me that fuels me for days to come.
 

No comments: