Monday, December 8, 2008

Thansgiving

Brent had to work Thanksgiving this year. It was kind of sad. He made triple time so I got over it pretty quick. :) Anyways I thought I would write some of the things I'm thankful for.

1. Brent: He is a perfect match for me. He puts up with all my crap and tries his best to listen to me. I'm complicated, so I know it's hard.
2.Brent's job: Many people my age are poor. They are in school or just getting started in careers. I, however, am not!!! I love Brent's job and the security it gives us.
3. Ella: She is beautiful and healthy and I am glad I have her, even though she is text book case of irregularity.
4. My family: I love them because they ARE NOT PERFECT. They are crazy and honest. The are my best friends. I trust them unquestioningly.
5. The gospel.

There are other things that are vital to my existence and that I am also grateful for, but this is what is important. I hope everyone is excited for Christmas and has had a great year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet Ash..I am happy for you! I would love to see you and Ella over the holiday season, we will have to plan something.

Love, Am

T Rex Mom said...

Hi Ashley, I've been wondering what you and your family are up to. I did not even know what your daughter's name was. Your dad is not very good about giving updates (or calling) and I did not even have an address for you. I got to see your sis and folks briefly in October at Grandma Alderete's funeral. But that's not the best of places for catching up. I saw your blog link on Joshlyn's page. I'll check often so I can see how things are going. YOu seem so happy and I am so glad for you! And my son was and is still the totally "touchy/fussy baby" so if you need any tips, I've survived the first year and have acquired a huge bag of tricks that I would happily share. Although, I never sat on the dryer! Jenn Alderete