Friday, August 7, 2009

VACATION

Okay, it wasn't really a vacation, because we didn't go anywhere. It was a STAY-cation!! First we painted. Painting. SUCKS. Brent and I worked for 7 hours on Saturday and finished all the walls (living room, family room, kitchen, hallway). And then we started the ceiling before Brent gave out!
Sunday was our first day teaching 5 year olds. It was successful but we learned they are not like the 9 year olds we used to teach. They can play hang man because they know their letters!


Monday was another day of painting and it was awful!! Trying to edge the ceiling was frustrating! I happened upon this wonderful tool in the paint isle and brought it home. Brent was finished in only an hour! We also painted Ella's room. It has been restored to its former glory.


Tuesday we went to Warm Springs. They wouldn't let us in the pool with out a life guard, so we swam in the river. It was SO fun!! As you can tell, Ella loved it! She is a little fish! She could be in the water all day if I let her. She did not want to stop splashing, even for a picture.


Wednesday we went shopping in Vegas. (I love shopping) I got a couple of new blouses and some 'delicates'. Brent had to go have his yearly physical for the police department, so Ella and I went too. His cholesterol was YIPES (yipes, yipes, yipes) high so we are now all currently on a low fat, low cholesterol, high fiber diet. More on that later.




Thursday we went shopping AGAIN. This time out of necessity! Ella has determined that trying to slap our TV screen in a lot of fun. Brent freaked out and we headed to Ashley furniture and purchased this beauty. I love it! It is so much prettier than the hideous monster we had before. I have hated it from the beginning! I have been gunning for it's removal from the start!


Finally, after much organizing, de-junking, deep cleaning and running from Vegas to St. George, we have decreed the next 3 days 'Sit and do nothing days'! It has been a fun, BUSY week.


PS I found my notebook with how many miles my shoes had. As of June 5, 2009: 2,136
And no, I have NO desire to run a marathon!! (Good for anyone who does)

PSS Ella has finally cut 2 teeth. Which teeth you ask? Her 'I' teeth! They aren't all the way in yet so you can't see them unless I pull her lip back, but when they do come in, she is going to look frightening! Please Twilight fans, resist from driving past my house, hoping for a glimpse of my little vampire.
She has also been eating like crazy!! If she's awake she is crying for food. Because she is such a runt and I have to take her to the doctor soon, I feed her! Her favorite is Gerber puffs and yogurt melts.

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

One thing about projects and STAY-cations... they are more fun with someone (like family) than alone.

Great save for the tv slapping issue.

I have no desire to run at all...let alone a marathon. I am impressed with your mileage though.

Ted's girlfriend was just diagnosed with high cholesterol... so she is changing her diet too. Not that is was bad in the first place... they think hers is hereditary.

ToOdLeS.

The Kohntopp's said...

congrats on the new house! I too HATE paiting! your house looks really nice tho!

marshall memories said...

WOW! You guys finished that quick and it looks great!! I love the new TV stand! Hope you guys are doing great and enjoying your stay-cation!! :)

Lauren said...

Ok I have to find one of those edger things! We are in a painting nightmare right now!!!
Also I love that entertainment center. Its gorgeous!

ShEiLa said...

YOU have been tagged over at my blog. If it's not your thing... don't worry. I won't hold a grudge.

ToOdLeS.