Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Farewell Faithful Friend

These are my beloved Nike running shoes. I purchased them in January of 2007.
I have since put over 2000 miles on them! I kept a notebook with exactly how many miles but I recently lost it. : (


Needless to say they are dead. They are holey, the tread is worn thin and I am practically running on pavement.

So this is their replacement. Exact same shoe, just a different color. They were purchased in January of 2009, but I haven't used them yet. They just don't seem to feel like my faithful grey shoe. I have been waiting for the others to disintegrate right off my foot and I think they are almost there. I guess I should wear these but I just have such an attachment to my life supported shoe!!



5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! You really did wear those things out!!
Good luck breaking in the new ones!

Ashley said...

Hey Ashley! It's Ashley Cooper. I have been blog stalking you for a few weeks now and I decided it is time to make myself known :) Kudos for running and doing it so often that you wore out a pair of shoes! Seriously, I'm so impressed.

ShEiLa said...

You are pretty good to keep track of your miles. I never knew you were a runner... but I am sure that there is lots I don't know.

I am impressed with everything I learn about you though.

ToOdLeS.

Annie Leavitt said...

ashley- 2,000 miles? you have to switch shoes every 300-600 miles silly nilly so you don't become a cripple. unless the thought of being an old cripple is appealing to you. he he he.
good job on the mileage though : )

Trent & Tara said...

man you must run a lot in those. I wish I could run a marathon some day.