Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh the Humanity!!!

The searing heat of the desert has sent me screaming for the indoors and central air conditioning! The monotony of being confined indoors is growing weary. I asked Brent what I could do to ease this boredom and he only shrugged his shoulders, so I changed my blog back ground..... TA DA!! Well people, that is just about the most excitement I have to report on. The heat is getting so oppressive it is even cutting in on Ella and my walk/run every morning. She is up and at it usually around 6. But lately she has been getting up at 6:30 and by then it is almost too hot to go! My Tahoe has an on board thermometer and this morning is was 95 degrees at 7 am. BLAHHHHHHH! I have hope that I have made through the worse of it and soon the down hill slope of burning hell-like conditions will ease, but we shall see.

On another note: Only 4 more months until the Christmas season begins!! YAY!! I love Christmas and go crazy with decor, presents and the like. And I'm not chic, tasteful Christmas either. I am tacky, red and green explosion Christmas!! Santa Clause with a real faces and Rudolph and the whole Griswold extravaganza! I can't wait.

Well, I don't even have a cute picture to post. SO you will have to be satisfied with my incoherent ramblings! Good news is: Brent has a whole week of vacation NEXT week so hopefully I will have something exciting to say!!

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Ha ha, you make me laugh. I remember those harsh summers. It reminds me of winter here in Utah. I get cabin fever SO BAD!! So I guess we get to pick and choose, sweltering heat or freezing cold. Maybe we all should just become snowbirds and travel back and forth. :) The nice thing about Southern Nevada though is it doesn't seem to last as long.

The Logue Family said...

I love reading your blog...
And I SOOOOOO feel your pain on the blasted heat/living in hell thing...OMWord...it NEVER cools off from June - September and its those months I have to remind myself WHY I stay here lol!!
Last night Jaci and I went running at 9pm and it was still 95*...got up this morning at 7am and it was similar...BLAH!