Sunday, September 20, 2009

.....Sigh.....

Brent and I were recently talking about how we never get out anymore. We wished something exciting was going on so we could get out and about. We didn't know what we wished for.

Ella has been perpetually irritable lately and I chalked it up to teething. She was tugging at her ears and always wanting to chew. WELL, Saturday she just kept looking more and more miserable! She felt warm...and then warmer....and then warmer. She sat on my lap with her arms wrapped around me and just whimpered. I started Tylenol, bathed her, and stripped her. She fell into a fitful sleep around 11pm. She woke up around 1am and was BURNING hot. She was trembling was so weak she couldn't sit up. I tried to wet her down ad she just sobbed. I decided, I have the insurance and the money, I'm going to let a professional handle this. At 1:30 am we set off for the Emergency Room. I had all sorts of horror stories going through my head: swine flu, meningitis, a new strain of flu yet undiscovered. The ER was empty (a blessing) and they got us straight in. The doctor was wonderful and very patient with my hysterical daughter. He checked her out and announced she had 2 severely infected ears. (Insert me feeling like $%&# here) They gave her an insane amount of Motrin and Tylenol and started her on antibiotics.

She was already cooler when she went to sleep and woke up feeling a lot better. Unfortunately she was getting warm when she went down for a nap. Sigh.... My poor baby. We both feel terrible!!

(Note: I didn't put in a picture because it was just too pathetic)

5 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

I hope she feels better soon - never fun when a little one is feeling down.

Take care.

ShEiLa said...

As parents we have a tough guessing game... if we take kids too often we are mocked for not letting our kids immune system fight the sickness... if we take them and something is wrong ER personel make you feel like an idiot. Truth be known... even kids have different tolerance levels... what Ella could handle another kid would have presented with more obvious symptoms... just chalk it up to a learning experience and pat yourself on the back for knowing when to get help.

ToOdLeS.

Terril Family said...

Poor Ella. Thats so something I would do. I'm sure they understood. How would you have known? Good luck getting that little one feeling better.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Poor Ella bug. I hope she is feeling better soon.

marshall memories said...

Poor gal! That has to be so hard not knowing what's wrong! Glad you guys were able to get some help fast! Hope she gets feeling better soon!!