Friday, December 18, 2009

Only 6 Days.....

My mom's birthday was yesterday. She turned.....yeah right like I was going to tell!! She really is very young. WAY younger than my friends moms. We all ate too much and the kids went crazy. I don't know what I would do with out her!!
I asked Ella what she wanted Santa Clause to bring her. (Not by any means expecting an answer) She held up one of the books she was looking at and shouted, "BOOKS!" So Santa might have to make one last shopping trip this year!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS and I am so excited it is almost here. The only draw back with Christmas coming, is then it is over. Always a sad day!! The 26th of December has got to be the worst day of the year. We have had our tree up since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and the decorations went up on Black Friday. I had a cookie day last Saturday. I baked over 100 cookies, made peanut butter fudge, and toffee. I had never made toffee. It isn't too hard, but very stressful!! I think of it as moody candy. It has to be the exact temperature or it goes bad! Ella loves the tree. She loves Christmas lights. We think blue is her favorite color, because she always points to all the blue lights and happily chatters to them.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

What a darling photo of Gramma Bonnie.

I agree after all of the anticipation of Christmas the day after is quite a let down.

Enjoy the moments.

ToOdLeS.

T Rex Mom said...

At least you get to celebrate your brother's birthday and your parents anniversary after Christmas - something to look forward to after the excited of the day!

Glad you liked the gifts. Have a great Christmas!