Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm up on my soap box....be prepared....

WARNING: Ranting and Raving is about to ensure…continue at your own risk.

I have always been of the opinion, that every one is entitled to their opinion. I usually shrug if it is a topic I don’t agree with and keep mouth shut. If I am truly passionate about said topic, I will put in my two cents, BUT really, people can think what they want.

HOWEVER, I have came across several blogs (as I’m happily blog stalking) and Facebook account of people cursing, criticizing, and nothing short of verbal abuse of police officers. Recently I came across a girl’s personal blog that claimed that ALL cops were (and I quote) “dicks”. (I would like to verify, her words, not mine.)
And this my friends really pissed me off.
LET ME TELL YOU WHY!!! (back me up on this Laura)
MY husband is a COP, and a damn good one if I say so myself. And he has to put up with ignorant people All. Day. Long. These people don’t know why they have to go to jail, when they beat their wife, and/or girlfriend, and/or prostitute. These people can’t understand why they have such a big ticket to pay when their car isn’t insured, and they have suspended plates, and they blew through a school bus with red lights flashing and the stop signs out.
So let me say this….IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GO TO JAIL AND YOU DON’T WANT A TICKET, DON’T BREAK THE LAW.
It is NOT a secret that speeding is against the law. It is NOT a secret that mouthing off to a police officer is going to get you into to trouble. HELLO! Why would you try to argue with a cop about a ticket. Is there anybody out there who has been able to convince a cop (or any authority figure) that they are wrong and you are right?
I realize that there is good and bad officers everywhere. Just as there are good and bad doctors, and good and bad teachers. But is it necessary to solemnly swear every one is the same to the next?
Before you criticize a police officer; think for a moment, what it is like to put up with idiots (like you may be acting) all day long……Thank you.

8 comments:

The Kohntopp's said...

I could seriously go on and on about this.... the cops are ALWAYS the bad guy. Then when they are getting beat by their baby's daddy, the cops "take too long" to get there. I read on someones blog a while back that because her husband couldn't get hired on with Metro, ALL cops are Liars and Jerks.. SERIOUSLY?... and about the speeding tickets... PEOPLE, DON'T SPEED IF YOU DON'T WANT A TICKET!!!!! and then if you do speed, don't act shocked because you get a ticket, but why does that make the cop a "dick"? You were the one that chose to speed... I could go on forever!

ShEiLa said...

Amen.

ToOdLeS.

T Rex Mom said...

A very close family friend of ours is a local city police officer. He actually posts a weekly report on his blog. It's really interesting to hear about all these "model citizens".

I was recently at a family gathering and another person went off on cops, how corrupt they were, and that they were just over-weight slackers driving around being macho. This coming from someone I respected. I bit my tough and simply said, "This conversation is making me uncomfortable." However, it made me really mad - is this what he's telling his kids about police officers? I was raised that they were "our friends" not our enemies.

Thanks for your soap box.

I sent your sis a package - make sure you check with her as there are some things in it for you too.

marshall memories said...

Amen!!!! And I love Lara's comment... Great Post and WELL SAID!!!

Andrea said...

Amen to that!

Lara, you'd think that for somebody with two cops in her family, she would have more gumption than that.

Grant N. Bowler said...

Whoa, you have a blog too?!

One time this cop pulled me over at the Greek Festival for DUI, except I don't drink. I only had Sprite and water. Then these two other good cops showed up and saved me from going to jail. I was scared of the bad cop but very grateful for the two good cops.

If people really want to know who the devil is, its school teachers. My 7th grade teacher, Mrs. Bradley, was an ornery cuss. I'm glad she's not my teacher anymore because that would just be miserable.

Janitors are pretty good, though. They always get made fun of but they don't bug anybody, they just clean stuff up.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

There are definetly good & bad cops. But I would definetly be requesting bad cop if someone broke into my house and tied me up. I would't really want an officer to come over look my captor in the face and say "could you be so kind as to untie this lady and we'll just get you settled in a nice pair of handcuffs." There better be some bad cop #$%^@ going on in that situation.
2ndly come on people and quit being so generically, ignorant and stereotypical. But then again everyone knows it just the HP's who are blankblanks. You would be too if you had to wear that goofy hat. hehehe okay I'm done now

Corey and Haley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.