Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happenings

Ella feels, that any time not spent outside, is time wasted. She is obsessed with roaming our back yard, and wandering up and down our neighbors very long driveway. I think if I just let her go she could walk to Overton and still not be tired.
We are in the process of putting in a yard. At long last!! This weekend was flower beds. Next weekend is fence and grass. Before.....

AFTER!!! It looks sparse right now because the plants haven't filled out yet. But if you can see those little, tiny purple ones; they're nothing short of a noxious weed and will grow like CRAZY. They are called alyssum and are a ground cover. I have 2 other flower beds and a small vegetable garden, but I didn't take a picture. I figure this would help get the idea! I have a blue, white, pink and a tropicana rose bush, and another one that is a 'surprise'. It had the most buds but no tag saying what color it was!! So it is a surprise bush!! I think it might be yellow.
I also have snap dragons, marigolds, stocks, and more alyssum. (white and purple) I am so excited for it to all start filling in!!



Ella has a new love/hate list.
Loves: Daddy-been a BIG daddy's girl lately
*walks, especially shoveling dirt
*outside
*rice, chili, crackers, chips, cheese, PRETZELS and anything else starchy or salty
*shoes
*playing on cousin Jara's swing set
*Weenie, the neighbor dog
*playing 'this little piggy' with her dollies toes. She wiggles their toes and says, "this. this." and then she tickles their legs and laughs
HATES:
*Sugar. She doesn't like suckers, whip cream, ice cream or juice. Water, milk or pediasure only!!
*Having her shoes removed
*Socks
*Strangers
*Balloons
*Time out, as you can tell by the pathetic face above
*** FUN FACT: She has CURLY hair. Really curly!! I'm hoping it stays that way! It's so pretty, I love it.





3 comments:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Good job on the yard. I love Ella's love/hate relationships.

Terril Family said...

Okay definately thinking we need to get our girls together. Their love/hate list sounds nearly identical (other than the sugar bit- Macy loves sugary items) But she is huge into playing outside and would all day if I would let her. Let's have a play date sometime cause I would love to come see your new house as well. The yard looks awesome!

Amanda Monk said...

Oh how I HATE curly hair! When Estella cut hers off (she didn't like them either apperantly) I secretly hope that they wouldn't be coming back! Just wait till it grows out and you must wash it in the mornings cause you can't possibly brush through it whithout wetting it down and so you might as well wash it. It's tangled 24/7 and she will run away from you cause she knows she has knots and it hurts to brush them out. Plus who wants to wait around for 15 min while you brush out hair that always looks like a bat is going to have babies in? I LOVE curly hair (on other peoples little girls!) on Ella though;)