Monday, March 29, 2010

Phobias

I was going to post this on my jointly established blah blah blahg, but realized my sister had recently posted, and decided EVERYONE could enjoy my insanity! :) Oh, your welcome!
PHOBIAS!! Everyone has them! I was recently filling out one of those emails that people send, the ones that ask all sorts of personal questions and then want you to send them back. I don't ever send them back but I do fill them out and save them, just for fun. One question asked, "What are you afraid of or consider a phobia?" After the long list that ensued, I instantly thought, "blog post!" So here we go.....
1. The dark.
2. Fire. For obvious reasons, like being burned to death or horrible disfigured. My dear brother in law helped solidify those fears.
3. Natural bodies of water. There are fish and algae and who knows WHAT lurking beneath those murky depths! I am convinced there are alligators in the lake, just waiting patiently for the water to get low enough for humans to get too close. Which brings me to my next phobia:
4. Alligators. Sneaky. Strong. Big teeth.
5. Heights. I always felt I was a pretty good 'flyer' in cheerleading, because I never looked down!! If you don't look down, you don't realize you are up!!
6. Cracked doors. I always feel like someone is peering through them. You know, that small crack with nothing beyond but darkness. (see phobia #1)
7. Closed in spaces
8. Airplanes. A combination of #1 and #7!!
9. Envelopes. Sticking my finger beneath the flap to open them and waiting for the moment for the sharp paper to slice beneath my skin. I won't lick them for fear of tongue paper cuts!
10. Bats. They swoop!! And have HIGHLY unpredictable flight patterns!
11. Children. Not toddlers or infants, elementary school children. Anyone who is shorter than me makes me nervous. Which evidently rules out middle school and high school kids.

You may be thinking, this girl is crazy!! Well let me tell you what... I am!! Delightfully so.....

What are your phobias???

4 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

i think most people's phobias include leaving a comment on a blog!

anyhoos-phobia phobia phobias:

-running into spider webs
-having my food spoil in the fridge
-being alone for long periods of time
-going blind,deaf or both
-kamikaze moths

Anonymous said...

I have a phobia of someone hiding in my house waiting to get me! The stereo in our bedroom got set to automatically come on at around 7 p.m. without my knowledge. So it comes on the other night when I am home by myself and am downstairs reading. I refused to go upstairs and turn it off or investigate. I just turned the tv on really high and waited for my husband to get home. He comes in and is like, "why is the tv up so loud? Can't you hear the radio upstairs? Why didn't you just turn it off?"

I mean, what if there was someone up there and that was their ploy to get me to go upstairs? Haha..Now i've made myself sound crazy too.

JTYARDLEY said...

I Hate heights too! Also mice...

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Anything with wings, you know.