Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th Of July

Ella ready for the fireworks to start. She thought it was great she got to stay up AND be outside!
Uncle Hiss getting ready for the show. My Dad was really sick so Hiss and Grandma came alone.

Still very excited!!


NOT excited for a picture!!
The day was so fun!! I went for a run and bike ride in the morning. It was very refreshing, except for the part where a dog mistook me for his morning snack! I narrowly escaped!
We BBQed in the evening. Brent made the BEST ribs! He is getting really good at the grill. We then played at the Bowler's house until sundown.
My family made it a tradition 7 years ago to meet at the elementary school and sit on the lawn to watch the fireworks. It's nice and cool in the grass and we aren't so close that sparks fall on us! Ella was startled at first by the loud booms but she got over it. She kept pointing at the fireworks and saying, "Big, big stars!" Then I taught her to howl like a coyote and that was very cute! She took turns going from me, to Brent, to Grandma, to Uncle Hiss to make sure she had someone to cuddle her at all times.
It was a fun day!!



2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Looks like Miss Ella is growing up. She is a cutie! Sorry to hear your Dad is/was sick. Fun that your Mom & brother came to enjoy.

Riding a bike was fun for me... but when you ride or walk anywhere it's like the dogs rule. I hate that.

ToOdLeS.

Lauren said...

You guys had quite the fireworks show in your backyard too! I thought the Leavitt's were gonna start a Palm Tree fire!!!!