Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vacation!!!

I had enough of the heat and decided to journey to my Aunt Katie's house in SLC. We got up unnaturally early and hit the road!! This is Ella at 5ish AM. Not super thrilled to be awake!! She was SOOOOO GOOD the whole trip!! No whining in the car. No fit throwing at my Auntie's house. No melt downs while we shopped... and shopped.... and shopped!!
This is Ella at breakfast. She decided to eat her toast that morning all natural!! I don't know what inspired this nakedness. But my Aunt had 5 sons. 3 of which still live at home!! I'm glad they were sleeping in, because I think they would have been scarred for life!!

This is Mac, the coolest dog ever!! He is a pug. I think while we were there, he slept 22 hours out of every day!! My kind of dog! He was so friendly and so mellow!! Ella chased and petted and basically tortured him for 4 days and he didn't even care!! As you can tell, he loves to cuddle!


We went to Gardeners Village in South Jordan, just a few miles from my Auntie's house. I shopped in their AWESOME home stores. It's an outside mall and was put in an old sugar mill. It's themed to be old world and so cute. They have a petting zoo on the lot. Ella wasn't interested in this goat.



But she LOVED the pony rides!!! She wanted to go over and over and I think we could have spent a whole day there. However, I was in sandals, tromping through the pony corral. Yeah, nothin' like a little manure between your toes!! :)




After her love for the ponies, and her love of Mac, I told Brent we are getting a pet!! He can give into a pony or a puppy!!! He is currently thinking!! :)
We had so much fun!!! My mom came with us and was my co pilot for the drive!! My truck is big so I needed help knowing when to move over in busy SLC traffic. I thought squashing a Honda during our journey might put a damper on things.
We missed Brent but it was hard to leave!! My Aunt's house is GORGEOUS and she has a picture perfect yard. We all spent hours out there, playing and laying on a blanket. Clouds came up and it rained a little and the weather was so nice!! We were a little depressed when we came into the valley and the temperature gage read 105. I know that's cool for this time of year but it was 85 in SLC.
We had so much fun and we have a standing date for next July!!! I'm so grateful my Auntie Katie let us invade her house for 4 days!! Yay for vacation.....booooo for all the laundry I have to do!!





2 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Sounds like a really nice visit. Glad you could escape the heat. And that you made it home safely minus a Honda squashing. Great photos, too!

Alan and Tessa said...

Ashley you are beautiful! And your little girl is too!!