Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pheonix Laments

It has been almost three years since my Granny passed away. She died in November of 2007, 3 days after Thanksgiving. I grew up next door to her. My whole life she was just right around the corner. She was always good for a free meal, cookies, or cuddles. She was also a very attentive listener. I really miss that. Well, she did wear hearing aids, that she routinely turned down when things got too loud. Maybe she just turned me down, who knows. She also would turn them off in church when the speaker got too boring......But that's a different story!!!
I miss having someone to go to, and have them listen to all my sad, sorry worries. I miss her letting me feel sorry for myself. Brent never lets me do that!! He is so positive it's sickening!!! No,no, no.... that's a good thing. Just every now and then I would like to just cry and feel bad and carry on about how hard and miserable life is and have someone say, "Oh poor lady bug. Life is so hard. Here, eat a cookie."
I miss her so much. I miss my Granny and it will be so long before I see her again.




*If anyone knows where the title to my blog came from, I'll give you a prize!

3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

isn't the post title a chapter from harry potter?

anyways, i loved ruth. love love love. that lady was extra special in my book. i miss her too. i wish i could run down cottonwood pregnant again and have her shake her fist and yell "it's not good for the baby!" or my favorite, "that mountain lion's gonna eat you!" hahahaha.

she was a spitfire that one. and i miss my grandma a lot, it's been almost 8 years.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Something must be in the air, just the other day I told Jed, "I miss granny," and I dreamed about her.

Lauren said...

Harry Potter.. after Dumbledore dies! Ten points for me. :)

Grandma's are the best. I'm glad you have great memories of her. I don't know what I'd do without mine.