Monday, August 16, 2010

The Dark Side

This is the image of a pair of 'Skinny Jeans"

Ladies: Unless you are
#1 Under weight
#2 Long legged
#3Have a non existent butt or a nearly non existent butt
These jeans are NOT for you!!

You know you're getting old when fashion styles from your life time are starting to repeat themselves. But when I was younger these were called 'taper legged' jeans. Now they have been christened skinny jeans. I see these fashion nightmares and it just makes me sad!! Poor women of all shapes and sizes are stuffed into these pants that are targeted for a very rare, slender, tall body type. And many of them are made from spandex... SPANDEX! What heinous, diabolical person said, "Let's bring back the tapered leg jean, and while we are at it, let's make it out of spandex."
From behind, the bums of the general public, look like two pit bulls fighting in a gunny sack. Wear clothes that are flattering girls!! Worse, I see ladies jamming themselves in spandex skinny jeans that ride too low on the waist and cut their stomach in two, creating the dreaded MUFFIN TOP. Some one please go to the high school and let them know that the muffin top is something to be AVOIDED not flaunted!! We must stick together as friends against the fashion "experts" of today and say NO to this travesty!

So please, be a friend.................

Friends don't let friends wear skinny jeans!!


*Note: If you are fortunate enough to have the ability to wear the skinny jean, this article is not for you. Please do not be offended!

7 comments:

JTYARDLEY said...

haha I love it!

Meka said...

You are so dang hilarious! "The muffen top" haha. Yours is one of the few blogs I read that actually make me laugh out loud!! Those jeans look soooooo uncomfortable! Fashion is weird!

Amanda Monk said...

Okay I wear skinny jeans but mine are tucked into boots and I have done this since I had a pair of embarassing tapered jeans that I hid by tucking them into my white fringed cowboy boots. Now I have switched those boots for black leather ones:)

Bowler Family said...

Amanda!!! You are one who CAN wear skinny jeans, so rock'em girl.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

skinny jeans with boots and long sweater to cover your "a"=AMISH
skinny jeans in plus size (a total oxymoron)=NOT AMISH
You know what I'm saying.

Why did we ever watch that?

The Good Ol Days said...

Im so glad you commented on our blog! I love having new blog buds!! I TOTALLY agree with the skinny jeans, I tried out a pair last winter. They were alright when I sported a super long coat to hide my butt and muffen top...again friends don't let friends where skinny jeans. They're on the top shelf of the sewing closet ready to be cut up into a jean quilt now. Anyway, Your family is so wonderful and Ella is so dange cute! Oh and when I visited back home I think I saw you riding your back while I was running. I remember thinking, Hey I think that's Ashley, she always had such beautiful hair, and I think she has a blog, we should become friends but you so beat me to it! Have a great day!

Trent & Tara said...

ok Ashley well said...THANKYOU it was so nice to hear someone finally say it. You are very well with words my friend. hilarious:)