Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Desert Ground Hog

Starting around the beginning of May, a rare creature appears in my house. The desert ground hog. Every morning she sticks her hand out the door to see how hot the air is outside. If it is only warm, she may venture out. If it is scorching hot, she retreats back into her lair and tests the temperature the next morning.
The ceiling fans are all spinning, the air conditioner is roaring, and the swimming pool is filled. I am sweltering already, as little Scarlet is trying her best to fry me. My feet are puffing up and I'm retaining water. Our bed is at sheet status. (No blankets, just one sheet to cover up with.) Brent asked if he needed to look for a second job so we could keep the house at 68 degrees this summer......and I thought about it!!! Ella has a crazy tan, and her hair is getting more blond.
Bad news?..... It's May, and I have a feeling I have a LONG summer ahead of me!!
* I'll show the crazy tan later. Good thing she didn't get her daddy's honkey white genes!! He just turns various shades of red.

1 comment:

Vyanca said...

Pregnant in summer, I so dont envy you! But the summers are so hot I keep my air at 65, pregnant or not!!