Sunday, April 1, 2012

Keeping Her Entertained!!

Ella is an active little girl and the afternoon hours are especially boring for her. The last few weeks I have tried diligently to keep her entertained with out the assistance of the tv. I don't care about tv watching, but I'd like for her to be more active than that. So I cut down her cartoon time and we have been busy!! Above is an idea I stole from a friend. Shaving cream dyed with food coloring. Then finger paint the shower wall!! She loved it!! Providing an HOUR of fun!!
(Ignore her weird face and partial nudity)
We built marshmallow buildings. She is really good at this!!
She loves to cut shapes in paper. This day I gave her the old Costco coupons and she was so happy!! She is also very good at cutting.
We have also made baking soda/vinegar volcanoes, play dough, side walk chalk,She loves to help with laundry and can fold the hand towels and wash clothes, and any organizing task I have to do I save for the afternoons. She is a great organizer! I am VERY organized and it drives Brent crazy. He's now not only hounded by me to "do things right" or "put them back where you found them" but he is now hounded by his 3 1/2 year old, who is cleaner than him!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

She is so cute! I think not putting things away is a guy thing... I'm in a house full of them and not one of them has learned to pick up after himself, lol! I should try the shvingcream/foodcoloring. My boys would love it!!

Trent & Tara said...

You are one fabulous mama. I am so stealing these ideas for Evelyn. Thanks. Evelyn loves to help me clean too!! Gotta love it:D

ShEiLa said...

Miss Ashley... YOU have been doing really good... Miss Ella is a lucky girl getting all the creativity out.

ToOdLeS.