Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Arrivals

 Spring time always brings new flowers to my flower beds. Some of them live to see another year. Some only live for one!! But regardless, it's always exciting to plant them. This is a little sunflower seed that some nice old lady helped Ella plant into a little cup at the fair!! It's flourishing and she is so proud of it. She even has a little watering can to water it with everyday.
 Found this beauty at Ace. I had THE hardest time picking out what colors I wanted! I am also a little color blind so I didn't know if this was red or orange. It looked orange to me and the nice boy who carried it to my car concurred! So orange it is!
 Very small bush. HUGE roses!! And they are SO fragrant!! These two haven't been planted yet. I may or may not have gotten carried away and already bought three other rose bushes. Two just for fun, the other to replace the bush my DAMN resident gopher ate!! I haven't found the perfect space for them yet!! (Nor have I found that buck toothed bastard, who ate my favorite purple bush, and have yet to poison and/or trapped and/or gas him!!)
 We took an impromptu trip to the RC Willey outlet and came home with this! Or I should say, my brother in law hauled this home and we followed! :) My granny had a 'hide a bed' when I was growing up and I loved it. I have always wanted one. Plus, my room is the warmest in the house because it is the farthest from the air unit. So regardless of the thermostat being set at 72 degrees, I still get a little warm. I like to sleep in the living room a lot in the summer and this beats a pile of blankets on the floor!! These old bones aren't as forgiving as they use to be!! Ella is testing it out.
 This is just a close up of the upholstery.
More flowers. I like things to be symmetrical. So all four pots up front have a tall burgundy snap dragon and a two short yellow ones. Yes, I know. I'm a little sick. My dad likes things symmetrical so I blame the crazy genes I get from his family on this one!!

1 comment:

JTYARDLEY said...

Love all your flowers. I can't keep mine alive longer than a month but we keep trying! Have you been to the walker or rc clearance center? As fast as our kids ruin things we wont buy from anywhere else! Plus you can't beat the prices!!